Monday 15 December 2008

Lists to make me feel better

Good things going on right now:
  • My Adonis who spoils me.
  • The white chocolate Crunch bar I just had. White chocolate is by no means a favourite but it works when the chocolate demons invade.
  • The naughty cigarettes I had whilst waiting for my manicure.
  • My luxury manicure and pedicure at The Berkeley courtesy of Adonis who spoiled me. And consequently...
  • My beautiful nails.
  • The fact that I still have a training contract.
  • My ability to make random friends on the bus with people who nudge me in various directions.
  • The rest of my evening which will be spent unwinding and watching things that numb my brain and drinking my body volume in tea.

Things I don't want to think about but dammit, they're there anyway:
  • Bahrain. Surprised? I'm not.
  • Interviewing assessment on the 18th and solicitor's accounts on the 19th.
  • Saying goodbye to Adonis at the airport.
  • The banoffee ice-cream I have in the freezer waiting for me.
  • The rest of those naughty cigarettes in my bag just dying to be smoked.
  • The disappearance of my Oyster card and all the other cards in that little black plastic holder i.e. my Costa loyalty card, college entry card, NUS card, random finance person's card with The Beast's phone number on the back.
  • My boots which are due to arrive any minute now.

Things I will do in Bahrain:
  • Hang out with mum and get her to love me again.
  • Avoid the rest of the family.
  • Hang out with my brother.
  • Hang out with Blue and MSB.
  • Generally do a lot of hanging.
  • Sit in my brother's room and watch things. Can you say "escapism"?

Things I will do when I return from Bahrain:
  • Write up a proper CV for fuck's sake. No more pussyfootin' around.
  • Get out of London for a while. Maybe rent a cabin somewhere and hibernate.
  • Stop worrying.
  • Start revision early.
  • Look for somewhere to live. Maybe same area. Maybe somewhere else. A nice safe haven which will be free of Max, my filthy French flatmate.
  • Exhibit poise and grace and stop being such a noob in general.
  • Finish House of Dead III after having finished House of Dead II when Adonis was long dead. I beat the boss on my own. Hello geekazoid.
  • Watch every single Bond movie ever made with Adonis.
  • Never say no to another invitation to the pub. Ever.
------

Here's a blast from the past. Jesus I used to love this song so much and I found the video quite intriguing.



4 comments:

Devil Finch said...

Nice lists. Do you want to exchange lives?

Fatema Abuidrees said...

LOL, I ALWAYS lose my oyster card!! and i always end up paying the stupid 2pound bus fare!!!! UH! and the annoying thing is, moments later i find my oyster card is usually just at the pits of my oversized bag! AH! THE FRUSTRATION!

Oh and good luck in bahrain! and sorry to dampen things, but truth be told, escapism doesnt work:P family will apprently "want to see you" YH RIGHT! uhh! FRUSTRATION!

Ammaro said...

wheres my name in the list of things to do in bahrain?

June said...

Devil, if I ignore the real or imagined underlying note of sarcasm in your comment then no. If I don't ignore it, it's still a no.

Homer's Booty Call, I have never lost my Oyster card. This is my absolute first time in 2 years. And I'm not escaping family, I'm escaping time in general :)

Ammar, notably absent from this particular list I see.

Yes all, good morning. I am all sweetness and light today.