Monday 8 December 2008

Can't Buy Me Love

Oh my fuck. You will not believe who I saw tonight.

Mind you this was supposed to be an ordinary evening where Adonis and I were just going to catch a shitty movie and do nothing. So we head to Camden which is about 5 minutes away and go to the crappy little Odeon, watch our movie, disturb everyone with our wisecracking comments and general disruptive behaviour, laugh at inappropriate times and just go home.
On the walk home we passed by the Chinese floating restaurant we see every time which intrigues us.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"A little. What do you think?"

"I've always wanted to try it."

We paused in contemplation. I always had an uneasy feeling about the place because it's right on the water. "Sweetie we'll only go in if there are people inside."

There were people. "I bet it's full of rats," he said. Awesome. Let's definitely give it a shot now. Still, we thought worst case scenario, we'll have a nibble and walk out.

In we walked, I took off the many layers I had on and stood for a while, staring out the window mouth agape at the many lights.

"Sit down I want to tell you something, " whispered Adonis. "Is that Paul McCartney?"

Oh. My. Fuck. It was. It was Sir Paul. It was a real life Beatle. It was him. And he was sitting a table away with some brunette eating seaweed with his hands.

Needless to say I completely lost the plot and sat there beaming at him. On his way out, he looked at me, did a double-take and smiled back, I swear!

When I told Adonis this he said, "Of course he did. Now pull your dress up."

A flurry of smses and I don't even know what happened for the rest of the evening. But oh dear Lord, I am positively starstruck.

Enjoy kiddos..



P.S. I must add that Sir Paul was the perfect gentleman. He got up when his lady friend came back from the loo, he asked for the check when she was away and he thanked the staff profusely with hugs and kisses. What a guy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

so let me get this straight.. you were in the presence of a beatle.. and not any beatle, SIR PAUL.. and all u did was stare? have i not taught u anything?? *slaps forehead*

that's it.. ur going to that restaurant till u bump into him again and taking a pic..

Ammaro said...

insanely jealous. total legend.

but I still subscribe to the fact that you should have gotten some sort of photo proof with the guy :p

June said...

Alas I'm an idiot. But honestly I didn't want to freak him out or be rude or anything. But it's okay I'll just camp outside that restaurant from now on. He did tell the waitress he'll see her soon...

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY ammaro! ufff...

June: gonna put u thru a crash course while ur home..

Jones. Bridget Jones. said...

Now, that's some encounter! Bet you wished you were amongst the waiters ha! ;)

I love Sir Paul's brand of Gentleman - not sure about the hugs and kisses to the staff bit though.. but certainly the rest scores with this Bridget!

June said...

Okay if YOU were having a quiet dinner with someone who appeared to be your daughter, would you want to be harassed by a crazed fan? Hmm? Hmm? Didn't think so.

Bridget, I know I was so impressed. When I reported my observations to Adonis he sulked for a bit and then did the same when I got back from the loo and looked at me expectantly as if to say "See? See?" Bless his cotton socks.

Anonymous said...

I love the Beatles. I listen to this song every day!

June said...

Me too! I'm moving house soon and thinking of heading on to Abbey Road (which is currently right around the corner). How cool would that be?

"Yeah I just live on Abbey Road.. Word."

Anonymous said...

I hate you.

I saw Ringo live in concert, and all I have to do is see McCartney to say I've seen all the living Beatles.

Did you say the lady was his daughter Stella?

June said...

Evil, I thought you'd appreciate this! No it definitely wasn't Stella. Might have been just a friend. To be honest I wasn't sure. I was so fixated on him at the time.