Sunday 2 November 2008

Saturday Night

So with my Aussie Adonis out of the house, gone for a piss-up with his Aussie mates, drinking Aussie drinks and playing Aussie games I was home on a Saturday night with no prior plans and feeling restless as fuck. I texted my friend, the very beautiful blonde Blondski with the following proposition: "Come round to mine for wine in front of the tv?" She was so there.

Then when she arrives, I am all hyperactive and overcompensatory. Whereas I love her plenty, I feel it is difficult to be completely at ease except for with a handful of people. Blue being one, MSB another and Churchill yet another. Conversation only flows naturally with a few since I can be the meanest bitch in the world and it would just work. With everyone else I hold my tongue. I hold back ever so slightly and I come off as stilted and child-like.

I break the barrier and crack open the merlot I'd bought Adonis on an impulse. Struggle with the cork and we fall about laughing then sip the wine tentatively. She nods in approval. I nod along having no idea what constitutes "good" wine and what doesn't. As long as it's not vinegary it's fine by me.

A few finger taps and scans of the room later I ask if she'd like to play the Wii. A split second look of horror until she realises I mean the computer game. We head to Adonis's room and engage in some highly competitive bowling, then tennis. We kick each others asses intermittently and I feel this is the most fun I've had staying in on a Saturday night. Then it's monopoly time. By the time we're done (and she's won) it's late and the last tube was ages back. Sleepover time. But not before watching some dodgy Queen videos and gyrating along to Crazy Little Thing Called Love much to the amusement of Blondeski.

I head off to bed and she goes to my room to sleep. I curl up and before I know it, Adonis strolls in and puts his hands on my face. He says, "Promise me one thing. Don't go out on your own at night. The streets are filled with freaks and weirdos and all these girls dressed slutty and you're here playing the Wii. So beautiful."

I love him so much sometimes I feel that my heart will explode.