Thursday 11 February 2010

"When she's happy she blogs"

Well well well. It certainly has been a while. Things are happening that are a little bit private so instead of saying anything and giving anything away, I shall shield my life ever so slightly from your nosey prying eyes and shall focus on making inane comments on things that don't matter.

Ever notice how law firms have names which make them sound like anything but a law firm? Probably not because not everyone cares about law firms and spends hours musing on their names as opposed to doing something a little bit more constructive than that. But still. Without further ado I present to you -

A List of What Law Firms Should be Doing With Names Like Theirs:

Allen & Overy - The gynaecologist
Freshfields - The supermarket
Linklaters - The telephone company
Eversheds - The DIY shop
Norton Rose - The florist
Baker & McKenzie - The boulangerie
Slaughter & May - The abattoir
Shearman & Sterling - The barbershop
Ashurst - The incendiary
Beachcroft - The resort
Trowers & Hamlin - The German builders
Skadden Arps - The Scandinavian ski resort

Can't think of any more. Re-reading the top bit I sound so hostile. Sozzles all. I'm just ever so slightly uncertain about things and I want to write things down but only when all is a bit more certain.

Oh and Thailand with Mr. Junebug was wonderful but by no means the honeymoon. Much love all around.

4 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

Mmm, reminds me of this:

http://www.oddee.com/item_96480.aspx

And, focusing on making inane comments on things that don't matter is a prime example of evasiveness. I like evasiveness.

It keeps everyone in their place!

June said...

Not bad carpe diem. I quite like it. Mine's better though innit. I like evasiveness too and I try to be evasive but usually Blurty McBlurt here can't help but blurt things out.

Seroo said...

I've got some plants, I qualify as a florist... :)

Let me know if you need a confidence boost anytime soon :) or a push in any direction!

June said...

Seroo, how appropriate :) I reckon you suit a florist. Better than working in an abattoir at any rate. Thanks hon :)