Wednesday 15 October 2008

Laughing Wednesday

A bright start to the day. I open my eyes and there he is entangled, his hair soft like fur, his breathing steady like a little boy's. A few movements here and there and next thing I know he's up, eyes blinking at me that steady brownish-greenish light shining on me, trapping me in headlights.

A few Arabic words, maybe even a conversation:

"Tetkallam 3arabi?"
"Na3am. Anti?"
"Ee"
"Min ayna anti?"

A few more words here and there. Then I break into a grin, unable to control myself in the face of all this cuteness. For me, I think. He's learning it for me. I must have done something right to get this.

A few jokes cracked and I am in hysterics, I can't help it. He swears like an Egyptian woman, something involving a vagina and a mother. It is disturbing but oh so funny. His hands like spiders tickling me to keep it going. "You're so cute," he says and nothing could be farther from the truth. My eyes smudgy, my hair has a life of its own, my face looks a bit like a train wreck only not quite so fascinating. Cuddles abound.

I jump up, gallop to the front door. Maybe I got a package, my new book from Amazon. I gallop back. Nothing. I harumph my way to his arms again.

My mornings when he is here are perfect. My life when he is here is perfect. It's a Laughing Wednesday, a Chuckling Thursday, a Giggling Friday, a Chortling Saturday and a Snickering Sunday.

Until Monday when life becomes dreary again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

write MORE!! :*

June said...

Jesus do you know I just saw that comment today? It didn't even email me

Ammaro said...

settings, june. its all in the settings

June said...

Right of course it is